2. Setup your free website
Unfortunately, you can rarely send people directly to affiliate offers from social media, forums or other places. So we need a landing page or mini-website in between to send to people to.
Luckily, there are a lot of 100% FREE options to consider:
While these are 100% for free, we would definitely recommend spending as little as $20/year to get your own domain and webhosting. Hostgator is very cheap and can set you up within hours. When your business will grow, you may eventually want to be a bit more flexible and build your own brand, rather than using a subdomain on WordPress for example. Anyway, that’s up to you.
Content creation the easy way
Now it is time to set up your pages and create some content. There are two options to choose from:
- Build five pages that consist of 800 words each (here’s an example)
- Create one masterpiece of 4.000 words (here’s an example)
Wait, is it possible to get traffic and make money with a one-paged website? Yes it is! Read our blogpost on our one-paged affiliate site + SEO case study.
With our German Shepherd Dogs niche, we’re going to setup five pages of 800 words each:
- General info (our homepage)
- Dog names (low key, easy to share)
- Dog toys (informational + easy to monetize with affiliate programs)
- Dog benches (high ticket + easy to monetize with affiliate programs)
- Dog training (recurring service + easy to monetize with affiliate programs)
The way to create content fast is to start Googling the topics you are going to write about. Collect information from each of the top 10 rankings pages and create your own version that is the best of all pages combined. Don’t copy, just rewrite. Improve it.
Make sure to have some nice formatting in place. Here’s a super simple template we often use on affiliate pages to showcase top 10 product lists: